Youth Development Coordinator
January 15, 2020
Up to 40 hours per week
Now in its 28th year, the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative (HCI) is a community-based organization whose mission is to foster a collaborative environment that empowers youth, strengthens families, and builds community.
HCI works with community partners to identify needs/opportunities, foster collaboration and support community-driven efforts that benefit Faribault and Northfield youth and families. By offering its assistance, HCI strives to build the capacity of the community to more effectively serve its young people.
HCI seeks a Youth Development Coordinator to help lead several of HCI’s youth development initiatives.
- Provide staff support to HCI’s PRIMEtime (Northfield) and Youth Connect (Faribault) out-of-school-time networks, including convening monthly meetings, coordinating joint recruitment efforts, and arranging collaborative trainings
- Coordinate HCI’s Promise Fellow program, managing postings, recruitment, selection, and on-boarding for new and returning Promise Fellows in Faribault and Northfield
- Provide staff support to the Youth Sports Collaborative, helping to increase the number of low-income youth taking part in local youth sports associations
- Assist the Youth Engagement Director with the Youth on Boards program
- Receive training in and manage the Youth Program Quality Assessments for after-school and summer programs in Faribault and Northfield
- Assist with timely data tracking and grant report writing
- 2-5 years of work experience in youth development or a related field
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel) and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Excellent ability to multi-task and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Capable of completing work on time in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work evening hours and occasional weekend hours
- Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to travel between Faribault and Northfield, with occasional travel to the Twin Cities for trainings or network meetings
- Familiarity with Rice County organizations and resources
- Knowledge in the fields of youth development, citywide youth systems, and student career pathways
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in marketing, communications, grant writing, grant reporting, and fundraising
To apply, please submit a cover letter, résumé, and the contact information for three professional references to: Sandy Malecha, email@example.com. Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.