July 14, 2020
We need people who listen. We need people who care. We need people who understand recovery. Join a supportive recovery community and help show others recovery is possible by becoming a Recovery Navigator.
Northfield Community Action Center is excited to announce that we have been selected to host one Minnesota Recovery Corps Recovery Navigator for the 2020-21 program year!
Minnesota Recovery Corps is an 11-month program designed specifically for people in recovery to guide other individuals who are trying to sustain their own recovery. As a Recovery Navigator you will support people with the goals they have related to their recovery: housing, job search, wellness, school, finance, and community building.
What to Expect
- Work with teens and adults in recovery in Northfield and Faribault
- Help individuals reach their goals that can help build and sustain the great experiences that a life in recovery can bring
- Receive recovery training, professional development, and ongoing support from staff
- Recovery Corps members are not sponsors or counselors, but peers who understand the journey of recovery
- Receive a paid stipend every two weeks
- Earn education award of up to $6,195
- Free health insurance and child care assistance (for those who qualify)
- Must be 18 years of age, a US citizen, national, or legal permanent resident alien, and a high school graduate (or equivalent)
- Willingness to commit to a full term of service
- Must have one year of uninterrupted recovery from a substance use disorder
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships with clients in both 1-1 and group settings
- Experience in facilitating groups preferred
- Demonstrated experience with intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work effectively with people of different cultures and backgrounds
Positions for the 2020-21 program year begin in September 2020.
If you are interested in the Recovery Corps position, please email a cover letter, resume, and the names/contact information for 3 references (non-family members) to the AmeriCorps Selection Team (email@example.com)
Questions before you apply? Call 866-859-2825