July 26, 2019
The Northfield Healthy Community Initiative is excited to partner with the Community Action Center to launch the ParentChild+ program in Rice County!
20-30 hours per week (potential to combine with other agency roles for full-time)
$21-$23/hour, depending on qualifications and past experience
ParentChild+ is an evidence-based early literacy, parenting, and school readiness home visiting program, committed to closing the achievement gap by providing low-income families the skills and materials they need to prepare their children for school and life success.
The Community Action Center of Northfield (in partnership with the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative, Northfield Public Schools and Faribault Public Schools) is serving as a replication site for this program and will hire a ParentChild+ Coordinator.
The ParentChild+ Coordinator position is responsible for: supervision of a small team of Early Learning Specialists (ELS); program implementation; and the recruitment and enrollment of program participants. The Coordinator facilitates and participates in weekly staff meetings that provide ongoing professional development training, team support and reflective group supervision. This position also maintains a small home-visiting caseload, meeting with families in their homes twice per week to model effective ways for parents to increase their verbal interaction with their young children through the use of carefully selected books and toys.
- Supervision: Hire, train and supervise Early Learning Specialists (ELS); read all ELS home-visit session notes weekly and provide feedback to ELS on their notes; provide resources and problem-solving assistance to ParentChild+ families on caseloads of supervised ELS (40%)
- Program Implementation: Complete data entry of intake information, participant evaluations and surveys; facilitate weekly staff meetings, including preparation of all meeting materials; lead trainings and coordinate guest presenters; review and revise curriculum of books and toys (25%)
- Recruitment and Enrollment: Participate in efforts to recruit program participants; respond timely to program inquiries; facilitate intake meetings for program enrollment; assign enrolled participants on ELS caseloads; conduct family and ELS introduction meetings (20%)
- Home Visiting: Maintain caseload of families, which includes twice weekly home visits; complete session notes for each visit, organize program records, complete family evaluations and assessments (15%)
- Bachelor’s degree in child development, early childhood education, social work or related field required
- Minimum of two years of experience working with culturally, economically and educationally diverse families – including specific expertise with immigrant/refugee communities and low-income/generational poverty communities
- Experience working with children ages 1-4 years, either volunteer or professional
- Demonstrated ability in facilitating program evaluations and data collection
- Demonstrated ability in fulfilling accurate and timely electronic record keeping responsibilities
- Commitment to consistently demonstrate the values of compassion, inclusion, innovation, integrity and collaboration
- Proven ability to compassionately engage with people from across all backgrounds, socioeconomic statuses and mental and physical abilities
- Background in early childhood learning and development of positive parenting skills
- Demonstrated outreach and networking skills with ability to build professional relationships with healthy boundaries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong individual and group presentation skills
- Excellent time management and task prioritization skills; highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Google Suite; ability to learn quickly and use client and program databases
- Ability to work evening and occasional weekend hours
- Knowledge of ParentChild+, home visiting and supervisory experience is preferred
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or English and Somali preferred
Submit a cover letter, résumé and contact information for three professional references to: Sandy Malecha, email@example.com. Application review will begin on August 7, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.