January 23, 2020
15-20 hours per week; could be joined with other HCI roles and responsibilities to become a full-time position based on a qualified candidate’s interest and availability
Available as a contractor or employee position, depending on candidate’s interests
Now in its 28th year, the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative (HCI) is a community-based organization whose mission is to cultivate a collaborative community that supports, values and empowers youth. HCI works with community partners to identify needs/opportunities, foster collaboration and support community-driven efforts that benefit local youth and families. By offering its assistance, HCI strives to build the capacity of the community to more effectively serve its young people.
HCI seeks a bookkeeper, who will report to the Executive Director and coordinate with HCI’s Finance Committee and Administrative Director.
HCI’s bookkeeper will ensure the organization stays on top of day-to-day financials and proactively addresses new financial challenges as the organization grows in serving the Northfield and Faribault communities. This position will handle the full-cycle accounting duties of the organization.
Oversee and manage the organization’s accounting and bookkeeping processes, establishing a work schedule that meets all workload demands and ensures processes are detailed, thorough and efficient. This includes daily/weekly management of the following:
- Income statements, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows
- Invoice creation and execution
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash management
- Grant financial report preparation
- Payroll input into accounting system
- Yearly audit preparation
- General ledger account reconciliation
- Monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reporting
Required skills and past experience:
- Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field, or Certified Bookkeeper designation
- At least five years of nonprofit bookkeeping experience
- Exceptional skills with financial software (QuickBooks preferred) and Excel
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Working knowledge of state and federal nonprofit accounting laws
- Mature and ethical judgment in highly confidential situations with an ability to deal effectively with highly sensitive and/or confidential financial information and situations
- Productive and highly efficient
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Capable of completing work on time in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment
To apply: Email a letter of interest, resume, compensation considerations, and the contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled with a qualified candidate.