Alumni Coordinator, Northfield Promise
July 30, 2019
Up to 30 hours per week
The Northfield Healthy Community Initiative (HCI), along with its Northfield Promise partners, seeks a coordinator to help expand local capacity around alumni engagement, post-high school career exploration and employment for recent high school graduates. Working together with the Northfield Public Schools, the coordinator will help build a comprehensive alumni database and post-high school college and career resource directory.
- Work with local partners to outline resources available to recent high school graduates, as well as gaps in these resources
- Develop a database of recent (past six years) high school alumni, including contact information and post-high school plans/activities
- Develop a communications plan to reach recent high school graduates in order to collect data regarding their post-high school college and career activities/plans, as well as contact information — and to share information about resources and opportunities
- Communicate with recent high school graduates living in Northfield in order to learn about and document their emerging/unmet needs; work with local employment and other agency partners to address unmet needs of high school graduates in Northfield
- Build content for and regularly update Alumni Toolkit, a data system used for maintaining communication with recent high school graduates from Northfield High School, Northfield Area Learning Center, and Arcadia Charter School
- Convene a Northfield Promise Action Team focused on data tracking and resource development to move the needle on postsecondary enrollment, postsecondary completion and employment
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 2-5 years related experience working with young adults/recent high school graduates (in the field of communications, career development or student services)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Google Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized with superior attention to detail
- Excellent ability to multi-task and troubleshoot issues
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as a member of a team
- Capable of completing work on time in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to work occasional evening hours and to travel within the community
- Willingness to maintain the standards, carry out the purpose, and adhere to the policies of the Northfield Healthy Community Initiative
- Maintenance of a cell phone is an expectation of employment.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Familiar with Northfield and Rice County employers and resources
- Experience with grant writing, grant reporting, and/or fundraising
To apply: Email your resume, cover letter and the name/contact information for three professional references to Sandy Malecha, HCI Senior Director, at email@example.com.
Application review will begin on August 9, 2019, and will continue until the position is filled.