Located in the Northfield Community Resource Center (NCRC), the LINK Center connects Northfield community members with resources in Northfield and across Rice County, including health, legal, food, housing, Adult Basic Education, and City/County services. During the times when the Center is staffed, anyone may come to the LINK Center and ask questions about local resources and services.
As the Link Center Coordinator, you will work 25-30 hours per week to:
- Recruit, train and supervise bilingual volunteers to staff the LINK Desk.
- Create and manage the volunteer schedule to ensure coverage during times the LINK Desk is open (aligns with the City of Northfield’s work schedule).
- Manage all aspects of the LINK Center Newsletter, which reaches over 500 households monthly with information about local resources and opportunities for community members.
- Commit to regular weekly hours at the LINK Desk and serve as a substitute when volunteers are not available.
- Connect with diverse members of the Northfield community.
- Learn about available resources and help those in need to access them.
- Make appointments and translate for our Face-to-Face partners, including Rice County Public Health, the HOPE Center, and more.
- Proficient in both English and Spanish
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Able to deal effectively with ambiguity of tasks and able to take initiative
- Ability to critically think and respond to new and different situations
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with strong organizational skills
- Willingness to serve guests in a positive, helpful manner, and to train volunteers to do the same
Compensation: Hourly wage commensurate with experience.
Email your resume and a letter describing your interest in the position to Leah Eby, Growing Up Healthy Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.
For more information, visit www.growinguphealthy.org/link.