The PRIMEtime after school collaborative was featured at this week’s meeting of the Northfield School Board. Roger Jenni (the Northfield Public Schools’ Coordinator of Testing and Assessment) presented results from the 2009-10 school year. Among the highlights:
- 934 youth (unduplicated) attended PRIMEtime programs last year.
- Among youth attending PRIMEtime 20+ times last year, 95.5% improved their standardized test scores from fall 2009 to fall 2010.
- The average number of school absences for the youth attending PRIMEtime decreased from 21.2 periods to 12.8 periods (a 39.6% reduction!) compared to the same students’ attendance records in 2008-09.
- Over 85% of PRIMEtime youth reported that being in the program “helps me do better at school.”
- Nearly 90% of PRIMEtime youth reported, “I want to go to college or technical college after high school.”
The PRIMEtime out-of-school-time collaborative recently completed its third year. PRIMEtime aims to build a continuum of free after school and summer programming in the community. PRIMEtime sites include: the elementary school PLUS programs; the Middle School Youth Center; the Summer PLUS program; the high school and evening homework help programs; and the Northfield Union of Youth/The Key.
HCI is a proud partner in PRIMEtime, convening the coalition and helping with the grant writing, grant reporting, and data tracking.
Click HERE for a summary handout on the PRIMEtime program.