The Northfield Healthy Community Initiative (HCI) is pleased to announce the availability of grant funds to support new Intergenerational Projects and Youth Civic-Engagement Projects in the Northfield community.
HCI will award money to projects and activities that:
- provide the opportunity for young people to develop positive intergenerational relationships with caring adults and/or
- connect Northfield youth with their communities (ex. neighborhood, school, wider Northfield)
In 2012-13, HCI hopes to fund many grassroots projects led by individuals or new groups. The Investing in Youth grants are intended as seed money to start a new project, not to sustain recurring projects or an ongoing program. If you have a great idea for a new, intergenerational project or youth civic-engagement project, we hope you will apply!
You don’t need to be part of a formal group to apply. Youth are especially encouraged to submit an application to help make your ideas happen.
Funds up to $300 per application are available. HCI gives the highest priority to applications submitted by Northfield youth.
- Click HERE for the HCI Event Application.
- Save the Word document to your computer.
- Complete the form.
- Save the completed form to your computer.
- Email the document as an attachment to Amy Lunderby.
Special priority is given to projects:
- that are new and have not applied for HCI grant funds in the past
- designed and/or led by youth
- involving youth in grades 6-12
- taking place over multiple sessions (meeting more than once)
- involving youth who do not have access to other opportunities
- taking place after school, on weekends, in the evenings, and/or during school breaks
We unfortunately do not fund capital improvements or capital expenses. Also, in general, our preference is not to support trips, conferences, conventions, retreats, or to cover administrative or event staffing costs. While a group, organization, or individual can apply more than once a year if they have different projects, we expect to only fund a specific project one time in a year.
If you have ANY questions or would like a paper copy of the application, call HCI, 507-664-3524 or contact Amy Lunderby, Investing in Youth Grants Coordinator.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis while funds are available and are reviewed monthly by the HCI Board. Applications must be received by the 2nd Monday of the month to be reviewed at that month’s HCI Board meeting. All grant recipients must complete a final report at the conclusion of the event/activity. Failure to complete and return this form jeopardizes future funding.
HCI was developed to help support positive, strengths-based youth development in the Northfield community. The 40 Developmental Assets of the Search Institute have provided the guiding framework for HCI’s work over the past 18 years. As a result, all applicants are asked to take a look at the assets (click HERE) and include in their applications which assets their project will help build among Northfield youth. If you need help identifying them, just give us a call!
To view the 2012-13 Investing in Youth grant projects: Click HERE
Archived mini-grant project infomation: